Thursday, November 10, 2011

Coon Catastrophe!

I did it. I never thought I would join the club. Here's how it went down (sorry that's new age lingo: here are the details to this story). I was on my way to school just texting and driving (yeah yeah it's against the law, but don't act like you haven't done it) and so I'm kind of paying attention to the road and kind of trying to make sure I don't get pulled over for the Second time this week, and then, out of nowhere, I see a dead raccoon laying dead in the road with all four of his legs up in the air. I had about half a second to react to this so I did what any person would have done in my situation: I didn't react quick enough and boom! I ran over the already-dead raccoon. (Now, I love animals don't get the wrong impression, I'm just giving you all the details). Never in a million years did I think that I would have join the club that hits the dead roadkill on the side of the road (in my case, right on the side of my lane), but I did. Good luck trying to pay attention in class when your the Second person to murder a poor helpless raccoon! I did feel bad I must say. I replayed the situation over and over in my head. What could I have done differently? Some would argue I could have reacted quicker, but then I would probably just blame it on the diabetes because I like to do that for the sake of arguing and it gets a rise out of people. Needless to say, the rest of my day was just bland. A raccoon was Definitely dead because of me, and it's weighing on my soul pretty heavily. There, I did it; I shared my story. I got the dirt out,aired my dirty laundry. Now, I hope that situation never arises, but next time I am driving down the road texting, I will pay specific attention to the "obstacles" that can turn that frown upside-down. (wait...take your grin and make it dim, that's more accurate)

No comments:

Post a Comment